Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a telephone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, service offerings, and our Website.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with the provision of our Website, we may disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host our Website and store information on our behalf. Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of this jurisdiction. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Sale of Business: Solar Power Network may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Solar Power Network or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Solar Power Network and our affiliates and service providers may disclose personal information to third parties as required or permitted by applicable law. For greater certainty, Solar Power Network will disclose your personal information to the extent that it is legally required or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and legal process. Where a disclosure of personal information is required by applicable law, we will promptly notify you prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so). We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Information about Our Website
As you access the Website, certain information may be passively collected by cookies (“Cookies”), navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”) and third party tracking services, including:
- Access Device and Browser Information: When you access the Website from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Anonymous Information”).
Security of Personal Information
We are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via our Website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Access to Personal Information
If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating, deletion or correction of your personal information by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our Website. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Limitation on Deletion
You may request deletion of your personal information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete personal information, it will be deleted from the active database, including from our archives, though we may also retain anonymous information about your use of our Website. Once we disclose some of your personal information to third parties, we may not be able to access that personal information any longer as maintained by the third party and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Last Updated: April 18, 2018